The name of this state is derived from words of the Algonquin Indians that mean “land of vast plaine.” The capital of Wyoming is Cheyenne and when the Union pacific Railroad stretched here in 1867, people starting coming in waves and the population of the Wyoming Territory grew quickly. Wyoming was entered into the Union in 1890 as the 44th state. The nickname of Wyoming is the “Equality State” because of the fact that it was the very first state ever to let women vote. It also happened to be the first state in the country to elect a females governor.
Wyoming consists mainly of small farming towns and communities but it does have the Yellowstone and Grand Teton national parks. Millions of visitors go to the national parks every year to see the natural beauty. The state flower of Wyoming is the Indian paintbrush and the state tree is plains cottonwood. The largest city is the capital of Cheyenne. Wyoming is the least populated state in the country.
|Wyoming Airport Hotel Finder...
- CYS: Cheyenne Municipal Airport, Cheyenne
- GCC: Gillette, WY, USA - Campbell County Airport, Gillette
- JAC: Jackson Hole, WY, USA - Jackson Hole Airport, Jackson Hole
- LAR: Laramie, WY, USA - General Brees Field, Laramie
- CPR: Natrona County Intl Airport, Casper
- RIW: Riverton, WY, USA - Riverton Regional Airport, Riverton
- RKS: Rock Springs, WY, USA - Rock Springs Sweetwater Cty Arpt, Rock Springs
- SHR: Sheridan, WY, USA - Sheridan County Airport, Sheridan
- WRL: Worland, WY, USA - Worland, Worland
Wyoming College and University Hotel Finder...
Wyoming Convention Center Hotel Finder...
Wyoming Militay Base Hotel Finder...