In 1847, an explorer known as Brigham Young led pilgrims who were Mormons into the land of the Great Salt Lake Valley in search of a place where they could be free from religious persecution. This is when a state began and it got its name from an Indian tribe the previously resided there called the Ute Indians. In 1869, in Promontory, Utah, the transcontinental railroad was finally completed and this helped to bring many more settlers to the area. Utah officially became a state of the Union in 1896 as the 45th state.
The capital, and largest city, of Utah is Salt Lake City and it is also the world headquarters for the Mormon Church of Jesus Christ of Later Day Saints. Actually, about seventy percent of the population consists of Mormons. The state flower of Utah is the sego lily and the state tree is the blue spruce. Utah's nickname is the "Beehive State."
North Salt Lake
Salt Lake City
West Valley City
|Utah Airport Hotel Finder...
- CDC: Cedar City, UT, USA, Cedar City
- CNY: Moab, UT, USA, Moab
- PVU: Provo, UT, USA - Provo, Provo
- SGU: Saint George, UT, USA - St George, Saint George
- SLC: Salt Lake City, UT, USA - Salt Lake City International Arpt, Salt Lake City
Utah College and University Hotel Finder...
- Brigham Young University, Provo
- Dixie State College Of Utah, St George
- Southern Utah University, Cedar City
- University Of Utah, Salt Lake City
- Utah State University, Logan
- Utah State University-continuing Education, Logan
- Utah Valley State College, Orem
- Weber State University, Ogden
- Western Governors University, Salt Lake City
- Westminster College, Salt Lake City
Utah Convention Center Hotel Finder...
Utah Militay Base Hotel Finder...