A man named Roger Williams and his religious followers were exiled from the Massachusetts Bay Colony and they moved and founded Providence, which is the capital of Rhode Island. Williams believed in something that was important to the founding of Rhode Island and of the United States. This was the principal of liberty of conscience.
The land was originally known as "The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations" but later was shortened to Rhode Island and it officially became part of the Union in 1790 as one of the original 13 states. It is also one of the six states considered to be part of New England. Rhode Island's area puts it as the smallest state in the U.S. The State flower is the violet and the state tree is the red maple. The state is also known as the "Ocean State" as it is an island on the Atlantic Ocean.
Rhode Island Cities...
|Rhode Island Airport Hotel Finder...
Rhode Island College and University Hotel Finder...
- Brown University, Providence
- Bryant College, Smithfield
- Johnson And Wales University, Providence
- New England Institute Of Technology, Warwick
- Providence College, Providence
- Rhode Island College, Providence
- Rhode Island School Of Design, Providence
- Roger Williams University, Bristol
- Roger Williams University School Of Law, Bristol
- Salve Regina University, Newport
- University Of Rhode Island, Kingston
- Zion Bible Institute, Barrington
Rhode Island Convention Center Hotel Finder...
Rhode Island Militay Base Hotel Finder...